Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ding dong

This post is dedicated to wonderful people I meet as I walk door to door!
I am out to deliver the messages of my campaign but sometimes I get something in return.
One might expect that finding a supporter would result in the offer to host a sign, and it does. It also, at times, brings in a financial contribution and this is gratefully received!
Then there are the more unexpected gifts.
During the hot, dry summer, when I forgot to pack a water bottle and my mouth got dry and sticky, I was often offered water.
Once I stopped by at the home of a caterer who was busy cooking up a storm. I left with a take-out box for lunch.
Recently, I was given a DVD documentary on health care.
And just yesterday, I was introduced to a cottage business called "Thur-goodies" and left with a delicious cinnamon roll. It served to hold me over for dinner until it got too dark to knock doors.

What a great community this is!

No comments: