Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Getting Stuck in a Race

There is a tempest brewing in the campaign for the Governor’s seat right now centered on a charge of “pay to play” (see Large donations raise questions of influence in governor's race). Whether or not the Governor consciously steered public funds to his political donor, he has a layer of tar on his shoes and it is sticky!

In this economy, businesses are scrambling for any advantage they can get and unfortunately, politicians, looking for campaign cash, hold the keys to a lot of opportunities to get ahead.

I am holding on to my pledge to finance my campaign without the help of corporate donors. I am as cash-strapped as the next candidate but I do not solicit or accept contributions from businesses. That is one less “tar pit” to get stuck in.

No comments: